Rhodes grass (Chloris gayana Kunth) is an important tropical grass widespread in tropical and subtropical countries. It is a useful forage for pasture and hay, drought-resistant and very productive, of high quality when young.
Rhode grass is commonly used as fodder for farm cattle and horses etc. It contains sufficient proteins, fats, and carbohydrates that are essential intakes for milk-giving animals.
- Availability of Rhodes Grass: Full year.
- Moisture of Rhodes Grass: 11 – 13%.
- Protein value of Rhodes Grass: 2.5 – 7% Minimum.
- Max. loading per 40 feet Hi-Cube Container: 18 – 20 Metric Tons.
- No. of Bales per FCL:
- Square bales 36-38 (compressed)
- Round bales 40(compressed).